What’s included with an AZTech yearly AC maintenance?
Our complete and comprehensive AC inspection goes above and beyond to make sure your AC is in peak condition. We include more than the industry standard in our inspection, because at AZTech we believe in giving the best service not just meeting the standard. You can expect us to:
- Check thermostat operation
- Clean the filter and replace it if needed (customer supplied)
- Check air temperature differential, making sure the supply and return is within the appropriate tolerance level
- Inspect the system’s disconnect (not used for regular control, but there as a safety precaution and we make safety a priority)
- Inspect all fuses and wiring
- Tighten all electrical connections
- Inspect and test contactors, checking for burned and pitted contacts
- Inspect and test both relays and pressure controls
- Check supply voltage and amperage to all motors
- Inspect line set and connections for leaks
- Inspect and clean condenser coil with a hose
- Inspect HVAC duct seal and secure panels
- Inspect ductwork for energy loss (we’re trying to save you money and keep you comfortable at the same time!)
- Flush condensate drain
- Check that the access panel is properly secured in place
- Drain pan and evaporator coil surface clean
- Monitor operating pressure of the refrigerant
- Test that refrigerant levels are within specification levels
- Inspect all safety devices for proper operation
- Inspect the disconnect box
- Inspect and test capacitors
- Inspect the condenser fan blade
- Inspect service valves for proper operation
- Monitor compressor
Arizona's Best HVAC Maintenance Plan
Your HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) system is a major component in the efficiency and comfort of your home. Taking care of your HVAC unit with an annual inspection is just as beneficial and just as important as regularly changing the oil in your car. Standard maintenance of your HVAC system should include a check-up on your air conditioner in the spring and a furnace check-up in the fall. Together, these ensure that your system runs smoothly and problem-free so you can avoid a costly repair bill and the great discomfort that comes from a neglected necessity. Annual maintenance will help your HVAC system keep you, your family, and your home comfortable. Schedule your annual maintenance now!
Commonly Asked Questions
What are the benefits of an AZTech AC maintenance inspection?
There are many benefits to a maintenance inspection from one of our qualified technicians. Our extensive inspection can save you up to 30% on your energy bills as we ensure efficiency and proper component compliance. A maintenance inspection can extend the life of your HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) system. We work hard to improve the comfort levels in your home, by making sure your HVAC unit is operating at peak efficiency. AZTech maintenance inspections can catch small problems before they become big problems, helping you save money and headaches. But perhaps the greatest benefit of an AZTech AC maintenance inspection is the peace of mind that comes with knowing your HVAC system is operating properly, to keep you and your family comfortable all year long.
How long does an AZTech AC maintenance inspection take?
That’s a difficult question, because at AZTech we don’t have a one-size-fits-all inspection. We personalize as needed. Each home is different, and we take pride in testing and checking multiple elements of your HVAC system. With that in mind, we don’t have an exact answer, if we find some problems we take the time necessary to diagnose and address those issues and we won’t rush just to get to the next job or to meet an arbitrary timeline. We’re here to ensure your system is operating effectively and safely, not to meet a daily quota.
How often do I need to change my filters?
In order to keep your HVAC system running as efficiently as possible, we recommend replacing your AC filters once every 30-45 days. The dust and debris that collects will, over time, make its way into the system past the filters. This, in turn, causes your system to work much harder – costing you more money. At AZTech we also recommend that you have your ductwork cleaned every 3-5 years, or when you are replacing your HVAC system.
What does SEER mean when I am choosing a new AC system?
SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio. The higher the SEER rating is, the more efficient the HVAC system is; the more efficient the HVAC system is, the lower the operating costs are. Since 2016, the minimum standard SEER for new air conditioners is 14. Most modern air conditioners have a SEER rating that ranges from 14 to 21.
What is the warranty on a new AC system?
When installing a new HVAC system for your home, you want to make sure it is registered correctly, just in case any issues arise in the future. Most new HVAC systems come with a 10-year manufacturer’s warranty on all major components. AZTech provides an additional 2-year labor warranty for all new installations. AZTech will also register your new system for all customers for the manufacturer’s warranty, unless you request otherwise.
What refrigerant is in a new AC system?
All newly installed AC systems will have R410a refrigerant in them. There are still older systems in use that have R22 refrigerant (commonly called Freon). The EPA has placed restrictions on R22 and is no longer allowing production or importation of it as of January 1, 2020. This limits the number of repairs possible on older systems.